Collection of your personal information
Visitors to and users of our website, including any user forums section of our website:
- Customers who enter trade promotions / competitions conducted by the Vetcare Group
- Customers who call the the Vetcare Group team or otherwise contact us
This information can be collected:
- Directly from you
- Where you access and interact with the website or the customer service team; or from other sources.
The information collected may include your name, mailing or residential address, telephone number, email address and other registration details. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or the service you may require, or to fulfil one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
Cookies may record information about your visit, including the type of browser and operating system you use, the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you access and the information downloaded by you. While this anonymous statistical data may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data. Your browser may allow you to disable cookies.
The Vetcare Group undertakes to its customers that it will not sell, rent or trade personal information about its customers. The Vetcare Group will not disclose personal information to third parties to market their goods and services. We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless such use or disclosure is authorized under the National Privacy Principles. Some examples of where such use or disclosure would be authorized are:
- Use or disclosure is required or authorised at law;
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety;
- Use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect criminal offence or seriously improper conduct;
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for Court proceedings; or
- You have consented, either expressly or implicitly to the disclosure of information about you.
The Vetcare Group relies upon third party contractors and suppliers ("Agents") to undertake specialised activities or services such as mail outs and internet communications and other promotions. These Agents act on behalf of the Vetcare Group and have agreed not to use any personal information about customers provided to them for any purpose other than the specific engagement on behalf of the Vetcare Group. Whilst personal information may be provided to these Agents to enable them to perform their tasks, such information at all times remains the property of the Vetcare Group.
Personal Inforrnation Security
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities.